CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CapitolCock
Tigertime
duff18
Ace Dilcock
carolina_corpsman
Captain9Dragons
PFW79
Purpletgr
Order 66
Ironfan
**USC (11-6) vs. Ken (1124)
The Cord Cutting Que (474)
SEC Conference Round (418)
Beginner clubs (325)
2019 - SF - Juwan Ga (313)
Will Zion Williamson (311)
PODCAST: The Spurs U (271)
2019 - Vincent Murph (255)
2020 - Joshuah Moten (251)
Congratulations Keis (188)
**USC (11-6) vs. Kentucky
Coach Boom and Lattimore:
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Will Zion Williamson Sign
2018 - Rick Sandidge
Congratulations Keisean N
2020 - Dominic Mammarelli
2019 - Kalen DeLoach
2019 - Tayvion Land
NFL Playoffs

Old Today, 05:01 PM   #21
AndersonCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Perfect Game 2018 Preseason Rankings

Montgomery pitched his best as a Freshman, so did Wynkoop and Koumas was solid as well even though he finished his career elsewhere. I'm not a baseball guy but do y'all think it's because nobody's seen their stuff? I think a top 16 seed is reasonable we had a ton of late inning blow ups last year. Kingston's hard nosed attitude could correct that.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:20 PM   #22
CapitolCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

I'm sorry, but there really is no reason why this team should not make the NCAA Tournament. Otherwise, there would have been no reason to fire Holbrook.

Holbrook was fired because we missed the NCAA Tournament with a team that should have sailed into it and probably should have hosted a regional. If the talent levels are the same, shouldn't the expectations be the same as well? Otherwise, what was the point in firing Holbrook?

We either make the tournament, or we embarrass ourselves again. There's really no gray area on that one. Now, hosting a regional, making a super regional, or getting to the CWS are obviously debatable. Simply making the tournament, is not.
CapitolCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:53 PM   #23
Spur20001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
I'm sorry, but there really is no reason why this team should not make the NCAA Tournament. Otherwise, there would have been no reason to fire Holbrook.

Holbrook was fired because we missed the NCAA Tournament with a team that should have sailed into it and probably should have hosted a regional. If the talent levels are the same, shouldn't the expectations be the same as well? Otherwise, what was the point in firing Holbrook?

We either make the tournament, or we embarrass ourselves again. There's really no gray area on that one. Now, hosting a regional, making a super regional, or getting to the CWS are obviously debatable. Simply making the tournament, is not.
Not debatable? Who are you trying to kid? Not me, that's for sure. We have one returning proven quality pitcher. But we will definitely make the NCAAs?
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:56 PM   #24
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

As we all know it takes a lot more than talent. Yes, we had the talent. Unfortunately, you must also have the discipline. We did not, and it showed.

CMK has brought back the discipline to the program. By that I mean having RESPECT for the program you are a part of, and recognizing that it is a privilege to wear the Garnet and Black and step foot onto that diamond. Even the smallest thing of not allowing their water cups to be thrown on the ground but into the trash (especially in the locker room). Small things like that will show us who really wants to be here and be a part of something special.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:56 PM   #25
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

As we all know it takes a lot more than talent. Yes, we had the talent. Unfortunately, you must also have the discipline. We did not, and it showed.

CMK has brought back the discipline to the program. By that I mean having RESPECT for the program you are a part of, and recognizing that it is a privilege to wear the Garnet and Black and step foot onto that diamond. Even the smallest thing of not allowing their water cups to be thrown on the ground but into the trash (especially in the locker room). Small things like that will show us who really wants to be here and be a part of something special.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:58 PM   #26
CapitolCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
Not debatable? Who are you trying to kid? Not me, that's for sure. We have one returning proven quality pitcher. But we will definitely make the NCAAs?
Who am I trying to kid? Nobody. Us not making the NCAA Tournament in baseball is like Alabama not making a bowl game. There is no way that should happen. I donít care who is returning. The level of talent that we recruit gives us no excuses.

If you think we should miss the NCAA Tournament, thatís your opinion. I donít think Iím asking a whole lot to say we should make the tournament at the very least though. Thatís literally why Holbrook was fired.
Old Today, 08:05 PM   #27
CapitolCock
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post

I get what youíre saying, but throwing cups into a trash can is not the deciding factor that indicates whether or not a team will make the tourney. Again, I understand the respect aspect of playing for our program, but talent does matter. Utilizing it properly matters more. Holbrook didnít do that, we didnít make the tournament, and heís gone.

Kingston doesnít get warm-up seasons here. We have talent. He either utilizes it properly or he doesnít. Itís that simple. I think he will be a good coach. I was skeptical at first, but I like how he operates after seeing it (from an outsider perspective obviously). That doesnít change his responsibilities or the expectations that are attached to this program. Making the tourney is the bare minimum.
Old Today, 08:51 PM   #28
TaySC
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

I also don't buy into us not making the tournament this year.

USC should be able to reload. I guess we will find out just how bad CH left us......
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote