CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
carolina_corpsman
SanAntonioCock
kick_ball
Master Bedroom
Gamecocks1137
RGHoskins
TastyLicks
acejrock
SEC Network (710)
Married couple found (458)
Titty twisting and b (301)
10 College Football (164)
Watch the OJ Simpson (161)
Reminds me of my fir (101)
***The Open Champion (83)
Chester Bennington o (0)
10 College Football Head
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
Holbrook to CofC
2018 - Trey Dean
Any one coming to College
***All Ur Base Are Belong
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
McGregor vs Mayweather is
Duce Staley team speach
Return game

Old Today, 07:59 AM   #81
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062391893706
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier Signs With the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
That is the million dollar question. I think if the decision had been left up to PJ without any outside influence he would have stayed. Have no idea what his Dad was thinking.
Not trying to judge PJ, but dude he wasted his life on this out of the blue decision.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:06 AM   #82
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 2301172
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Not trying to judge PJ, but dude he wasted his life on this out of the blue decision.
Huh? Life is much more than USC or the NBA. Yes, looks like it was a bad decision but it most certainly didn't waste his life.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:07 AM   #83
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062391893706
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Huh? Life is much more than USC or the NBA. Yes, looks like it was a bad decision but it most certainly didn't waste his life.
Look I try not to bash players and that was never my intention in that statement, but when he has no job in 2 months let me know your thoughts on that decision.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:37 AM   #84
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53781483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Look I try not to bash players and that was never my intention in that statement, but when he has no job in 2 months let me know your thoughts on that decision.
When you say "has no job" what do you mean?

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:41 AM   #85
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 614462087544
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

He could get a job pumping gas or coaching at FAU.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:48 AM   #86
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
You do realize anything before the "but" is bullshit right?
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:55 AM   #87
kidrobinski
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1320
kidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPit

Great googla-moogla. Hopefully this was covered in the five pages of this thread and most people know this but obviously some still don't:

Dozier had a high school injury and the one this past season. He was thus flagged as an injury risk by scouts.

In spite of that, one of the bottom feeders still wanted to draft him in the second round; his agent turned it down. Don't ask me why; I don't know.

His options at the end of this past season were (a)risk permanent injury (and thus no duckies) by returning for his junior year, or (b)go ahead and declare and hopefully get some duckies while the gettin' was good.

I sorely wish he would have returned next season but that is for purely selfish reasons; were I him, I would have done the exact same thing he did.
kidrobinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #88
kidrobinski
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1320
kidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPitkidrobinski rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
You do realize anything before the "but" is bullshit right?
That's what Eddard said.
kidrobinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #89
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrobinski View Post
That's what Eddard said.
Yep and he only spoke the truth. But I've heard the same quote different ways such as "anything before the but doesn't count" but the bullshit line is better so I'm stealing it.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:11 AM   #90
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 73360
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

eh, he is gone. whatever happens happens. nobody was discussing how my decisions after i left college. im moving on with the team we have at carolina. best of luck to the guy.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:18 AM   #91
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Great googla-moogla. Hopefully this was covered in the five pages of this thread and most people know this but obviously some still don't:

Dozier had a high school injury and the one this past season. He was thus flagged as an injury risk by scouts.

In spite of that, one of the bottom feeders still wanted to draft him in the second round; his agent turned it down. Don't ask me why; I don't know.

His options at the end of this past season were (a)risk permanent injury (and thus no duckies) by returning for his junior year, or (b)go ahead and declare and hopefully get some duckies while the gettin' was good.

I sorely wish he would have returned next season but that is for purely selfish reasons; were I him, I would have done the exact same thing he did.
I hate to say this but the injury angle was no more than a cover up of a bad bad decision. PJ and his Dad did not listen to Frank when he told them to not hire a Agent. After it was clear he made a bad decision the injury angle comes out. If anything the injury was even more of a reason for PJ to come back and prove the injury was a non issue. You can call it what you want but it was a bad decision and in my opinion falls squarely on the shoulders of PJs Dad who was the one pushing him into the Draft.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:18 AM   #92
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:

Not sure about the validity of your statement, but if true, I would've fired my agent on the spot. And if not, by the end of the draft when I ended up sitting on my couch with my family looking like a jackass.

In what universe is it better to turn down a team that is willing to make a substantial investment in you, and thus more likely to give leeway, to take a gamble at unsigned free agent? And you have negotiating leverage and a tag as a drafted player which will get more teams, I would assume, to look at you if you got cut.

Insane.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote